2014 NEC CodebookBy
2014 NEC Codebook
Model # 00010200099
The 2014 NFPA 70®: NEC® covers the latest requirements on electrical wiring and equipment installation issues, including minimum provisions for the use of connections, voltage markings, conductors, and cables. Chapters address specific circumstances surrounding special occupancies and industrial equipment and machines. It also contains specific details on the safe installation and use of communications and signaling conductors. All requirements in the National Electrical Code® are confirmed through a rigorous process of comprehensive review, markup, annotation and revision. The NEC has been published since 1897, and in that time the code and its accompanying National Electrical Code Handbook have undergone radical restructuring to reflect the latest electrical and wiring technologies.
- Expanded AFCI and GFCI protection in homes
- Continued emphasis on making installations safe for electrical workers
- Coverage of new methods to distribute low voltage power
- New approaches toward ensuring safety of photovoltaic (PV) electric systems
- Changes to the long-standing voltage thresholds used in the Code
- Plus hundreds of others that allow for the safe implementation of the latest in electrical system and equipment technology.